Wed, Dec 01|
Targeting Hard to Recover Waste in Healthcare - Busch Systems Webinar
Healthcare waste has often been considered unavoidable and unrecoverable. That’s starting to change - this free webinar will offer a 360 view of the issue, sharing lessons learned and best practices.
Time & Location
Dec 01, 2021, 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM
About the Event
While many large institutions are making real progress toward zero waste goals, hospitals and other medical facilities have struggled to keep pace. Healthcare generates an enormous amount of waste, much of it long considered unavoidable and unrecoverable. That’s starting to change as more sustainability initiatives are finding viable options to capture blue wrap and other plastic packaging from ORs and clinics. More importantly, some leading institutions are finding circular economy solutions to eliminate unnecessary single-use items.
- Glen Goodsell, Recycling Coordinator, Mayo Clinic
- Sonja Janousek, Environmental Sustainability Manager, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Marianne Dawson, Sustainability Consultant, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Kyle Denison Martin, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Brown University
- Margie Wood, RN, CNOR, Littleton Hospital
For more information on this webinar and to register, please visit: Targeting Hard to Recover Waste in Health Care | Free Webinar (buschsystems.com)